Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Block Party

New Years Eve and New Years Day I was part of a virtual sewing party with members of the Heartstring group http://heartstringsquiltproject.com which is an online group dedicated to making charity quilts.

Happy Blocks Day 1


This time everyone was making Happy Blocks out of kids prints with bright framing squares. I started out only going to make a few blocks but it is addictive and now have enough blocks for a quilt. I need to quit making them, clean up the sewing room and get onto other things but I intend on making more of these blocks. The one quilt will go to charity and the other I will save for craft shows.

New Years Eve we had a power outage for awhile so didn't accomplish that much but I went to town on them New Years day and then more yesterday. I will probably keep the blocks on the design board until I need it then number them in the order I want to sew them together and put them aside for the next sew in I go to. It is much easier to take something ready to put together than bring tons of fabric etc. with me.

Happy Blocks Day 2



I hope you spent New Years having as much fun as I had putting these blocks together.

Kathie

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute Kathie! They do work up fast don't they?

Darlene said...

Love your Happy Blocks. It looks as though you put 4 patches inside some of the frames. What a great idea. I am planning on starting some blocks soon. I have been gathering brights and novelties together.