Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Quilt

I sewed with some friends this weekend and spent the time putting these blocks together. They sure do make a happy quilt so the block was well named.



I also completed the second set of happy blocks over the weekend though I will probably wait awhile to put them into a top. They will eventually get quilted and one will go to charity and one to my stash of quilts for fall craft shows.

I went to JoAnns this weekend and did make some fabric purchases but I only purchased what I really needed. I picked up two different cream fabrics for backgrounds for upcoming quilts and a yard each of three bright fabrics. I am going to add these to some left over brights I have and hopefully make backings for both of the happy quilts out of squares.

My goals for the next few days are:

1. Get a baby quilt on the frame and quilted.

2. Quilt a customer wall hanging.

3. Start on a Christmas lap quilt (have an order for four lap quilts).

4. Review the Pajama Quilter video again and practice drawing flowers before attempting them on a quilt.

and for non-quilty goals to do better this week with de-junking around the house and also paint the downstairs bathroom.

Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

It's very cute Kathie - I just love how all these are turning out....and funny how different they can look too - just like the string blocks.