Thursday, January 22, 2009

Charity Quilting 2009

This is the first charity quilted I have quilted this year. I try and do one per month at least for charity so this is #1.

This is a cute little quilt pieced by Toby from my guild. I was going to try something different and practice on this. I wanted to do flowers and ribbons something like what Dawn R. does in the Pajama Quilter DVD.



Anyway I practiced drawing for awhile and then figured I was ready to try it on a quilt (NOT). Unfortunately I picked a thread that matched the quilt top so well that most of the time I couldn't see where I was going. It turned out looking kind of like I scribbled all over it (back to practicing on the white board) with a flower here and there.



It is done though and with luck the recipient of this will know NOTHING about sewing.

Kathie

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Very pretty. Your quilting looks good. Keep up the good work.