Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Color Choices

When I first started quilting I found that most of the fabrics I purchased were all medium tones, small prints and basically boring. As the years have gone on my tastes have changed to more contrast, brighter colors, less floral etc. I guess that is why we end up with big stashes of fabrics. We buy and then out tastes change and we don't use those fabrics.

One of the things I love about doing longarm quilting for people is seeing the color/fabric combinations they come up with. Some I don't care for but most I really enjoy. Brown is one of my least favorite colors in clothing, decorating or quilting. I know brown and pink is a very popular color combination but never thought I would find myself drawn to a pink/brown quilt.

This picture is a customer pink/brown quilt I finished yesterday and I just love it. I don't know if my tastes are changing again, or if it is just the great combination of fabrics in this one.



Kathie

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Beautiful quilting on that quilt. Did you notice that not all the rail fence blocks are going in the same direction?

Pattilou said...

My tastes change just like the weather! I love the beautiful tones in the pinks and browns. Color is always fun! Brown is one of my favorites! But, it has to have the right shade to it!