Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thoughts on the value of quilts

When I put my Christmas decorations away this year I took the red table cloth off the table, removed the leaf and was looking for a table topper to put on the smaller table. In going through a drawer in a dresser I found this table topper that I had made for my mother when I first started quilting.

The piecing is just ok and the quilting minimal but it makes me think of my mom every time I look at it and was glad that I kept it when we were clearing out her apartment.

It just shows that it doesn't have to be a heirloom wedding quilt or an intricate Baltimore Album quilt to have value to both the giver and the receiver. Mom loved this topper because I made it for her and now I love it because it makes me smile thinking of her.



Kathie

No comments: