Friday, August 26, 2011

Split Decision

I quilted one of my projects yesterday, this small Split Decision lap quilt. One more thing semi done. I will have to figure out something for the binding, maybe a scrappy binding out of a bunch of my leftovers.


I also have 10 of my 9-patch blocks in process and have been cutting up the UFO border into squares that will become part of the backing.

All pre-hurricane errands have been run, all cars gassed up, food in the cabinet and outdoor furniture securred. Hope that being prepared will make it NOT be a very big issue here.

The last hurricane (my first) that hit this area was I think in 2002. Our neighborhood at the time had lots of downed trees, water in lots of basements and we were without power for 5 1/2 days, not a fun time since cooking was electric and we had a well so no power meant no water either. My husband thinks I am being a worry wart about this storm but I would rather be that than unprepared.

My good wishes go out to everyone in North Carolina (my step daughter included) where they expect the worse damage.

Kathie

1 comment:

Margie said...

love the quilt.
Hope Ed is right and your over reacting but I am watching the weather channel and I think you were smart.
Be safe.