I was sewing up a storm this week. I spent time going through all my shelves and bins looking for UFOs to report on Judy L's (Patchwork Place) 2011 UFO challenge. (for details on the challenge click on the UFO challenge box at the right). While doing so I found a bundle of fabric that I have had for years. I know the floral fabric I had purchased in Seattle 6 or 7 years ago at In the Beginnings Quilt Shop when my mom was still living out there.
I decided that I definitely had to use that fabric up so made this 4 patch (Vintage Roses) quilt (appx. 52 x 60 inches). This will either be for next years craft shows or just to have a gift in reserve. The Top is totally from stash and I am hoping to find something for the backing from my stash also.
I made some extra 4 patch blocks and had fabrics left over so decided instead of putting everything away to make another top for a charity donation. That quilt top is still in the works.
So with all the sewing and purchasing no fabric this week my stats look pretty good.
Fabric used this week: 9 yards
Fabric used YTD: 262.75 yards
Fabric purchased this week: 0
Fabric purchased YTD: 179.75
Net fabric used in 2010: 83
Glad to be back up over 80 yards again, I had been sliding back there for awhile.