Hard to believe that I have been reporting my stash usage for a whole year!! I definitely like being able to see some room on my shelves and also that some of the really old fabric is gone.
As the holidays were approaching I had extra time so I was sewing like a woman possessed. I think it was partly because it just felt good to have time to do some piecing and also to try and reach my personal goal of having a net usage of fabric of 100 yards in 2010.
I made three backings, finished a quilt top (borders and cut the binding) and made another quilt top from start to finish. This is the Wickedly Easy quilt top that I made out of a stack of FQs that I have had for at least seven years.
All the sewing paid off, here are my end of the year stats:
Fabric used this week: 17.25 yards
Fabric used YTD: 280
Fabric purchased this week: 0
Fabric purchased YTD: 179.75
Net fabric used in 2010: 100.25
I REACHED MY GOAL!!!! Just barely, but hey it is over 100 yards. I have really enjoyed the challenge and am going to do it again. It helps keep my purchases in check and ensures that I am using up the old stuff.