Thursday, December 30, 2010

MidWeek Update

Well I didn't post a midweek update yesterday, mainly because I couldn't get out of bed. I came down with some type of cold/flu/whatever bug tuesday night and have been feeling terrible ever since.

A little better today so hopefully will be able to get a few things done.

I did manage to get my batik quilt quilted tuesday morning and also got the binding on. Hopefully tonight I will get more of the binding stitched down. I am looking forward to having this in our bedroom.


It is backed by flannel. I wouldn't think to put flannel with batik but I did a couple of customer quilts with that combination and they quilted up very nice and the backs were so soft and warm.

I also got another charity quilt (this one made by JoAnne) loaded on my frame the other day thinking I would get one more quilted this year. I think instead it will probably be the first one I quilt in 2011. Thats fine, I will have still quilted 29 charity quilts in 2010 and that far exceeded my goal of one to two a month.



Kathie

2 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

Batik and flannel are good together. Flannel is so cozy. A beautiful quilt for your 1st Batik. You did a wonderful quilting charity year in 2010. Sorry to hear how you aren't feeling so well; hope that it passes quickly. Glad you enjoyed my "quilt show". Sandi

Betty said...

Your quilt is lovcly. I bet it is really soft, good job. Hope you will be feeling fine real soon.