Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Project of the Day
This was my customer project of the day yesterday. I wasn't sure how to quilt it since the actual pieced part was really small and the borders so large. I decided to use the Pajama Quilter Ziggle Fern to quilt this using a variegated pastel king tut thread. This was the first time I used this pattern on a customer quilt and I like the results, my spacing was a lot better than on my first couple of attempts.
I would quilt a couple of passes across the quilt and then sit down and sew a few of my batik blocks together. I have three rows done and ready to be stitched together. If I can get that done this morning I might take a run to the quilt shop and try and find some border fabric. I have been working on this project off and on for what seems like a long time (probably a couple of months) so would really like to get the top done soon.
I got the remainder of my Christmas shopping done yesterday and most things wrapped last night so I defintely feel a sense of relief that it is all done and I can enjoy the rest of December.