Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Midweek Update


I did manage to get all the blocks for the center of the quilt sewn together yesterday and then took a trip up to the quilt shop for border fabric. Hopefully the borders will be on the quilt by the end of the day.

I would like to say that the fabric for the borders was the only thing I purchased but some other fabrics found their way home in the car with me. I had been looking for some nice horse fabric and they had that and horse shoe fabric to go with it and then I spied a Christmas fabric that looked like appliqued wreaths but it was a cheater fabric so HAD to get a yard of that.

I only get to this shop every few months. They have so much fabric that I always feel like some of it is going to topple over on me but on the flip side of that I have never gone there on a mission and not found what I was looking for.

I also got another small customer quilt done yesterday so all in all I had a productive time.

Kathie

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

I'm going to have to wear my shades when I read your Sunday Stash Report.... Sounds like you scored on a border for your Batik Beauty. Did you consider the binding during your quilt shop visit?