Monday, December 13, 2010

Design Wall Monday - December 13, 2010

I worked on this quilt a few blocks at a time between other things last week. I had purchased and washed the fabric and was getting ready to put it away but decided instead of doing that that I would go ahead and make the top. It was quick and easy and as soon as I get the binding cut I will put it away on my "to be quilted" shelf for later.



I have to get myself an Accuquilt GO machine!!! I used a friend of mines GO on saturday and it was so much fun. I cut out all these units for a scrappy flying Geese quilt in maybe half an hour. Everyone is pretty much out of the machines right now after a Christmas rush so I will wait until after Christmas and Christmas bills are paid and then I am seriously thinking about ordering one.



I don't know if this will be my next project putting these together or not. I have my last customer job to do before Christmas this week. Once that is done, a couple of luncheons out of the way and some last minute errands then I will decide what I want to work on next.

I guess that is the good part about having a stash, the possibilities are endless on what to make next.

kathie

7 comments:

Tamera said...

Lots of activities this time of year, isn't there? It really cuts in to your sewing time, lol.

Kate said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt!

Chris said...

Wonderful quilt. Very cheerful for the holidays.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Is your quilt your own design? I like the look of it, and it seems easy to make. Love it when a plan comes together.

Mary said...

Good job, it looks like you will have Christmas quilts all over the house next year...

kwiltnkats said...

I've heard lots of great things wiht the Accuguilt GO machine. Does it get expensive to by all the die cutters? Sure seems to make quick work of pieces. Is it big? Maybe Santa will bring it for you...

Betty said...

Like your quilt, good choice of colors. Don't know too much about the GO machine. Hopefully you will get eveything done that you have on your list.