Thursday, December 24, 2009

Charity Sewing Day


This was my result from my husband and my charity sewing day. These were the blocks given to me by Betty that I took apart, rearranged and sewed together.

The border I added was not a perfect match but I was trying to use what I had. This fabric had "aged" for a long time. It was fabric left over from pilgram skirt that was made for my daughter when she was in the 4th grade. She is now a sophmore in high school!!!

At least I have now seen the last of that fabric.

This top is now folded up and on my charity shelf waiting to be quilted.

kathie

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It looks good Kathie, like I said earlier I'm going to have to find where I put that book around here. I know I bought it with a piece of fabric in mind so I'll have to find that one too.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your charity quilting achievements. Also, how wonderful to have a husband who is willing and able to sew along with you to make great quilts :)

Louise said...

What a charming quilt! How nice that your husband sews with you. It must be like having your quilting buddy around all the time! Louise