I actually had some time to sew yesterday and didn’t know what to work on, do have that problem?
I finally found a bag that had some string blocks in it that several of us had made at a charity sew -in MONTHS ago. These were all done in guy type of colors with blue center strings.
I decided to pair them with cream squares and then cut them on the diagonal. Thought that it would make the pieced blocks go further and that it would be a new twist (for me) to string blocks. I then started to play around with them a bit on the design wall.
I ran out of blocks for what I originally wanted to do but this is what I came up with. I usually have to have things symmetrical so this is a big change for me but I think I like the look.
I will probably let it age a little on the design wall and see if I still like it before I start sewing it together.
This will be another hospice top to add to my stack that needs to be quilted. I must make that my goal for early 2010 to get a bunch of those quilted up. Even a quick meander on a few would get them done.