Sunday, September 7, 2008

No Pattern?


I recently saw a quilt that was done using the Orange Squeeze fabric line and loved the quilt. It look very easy to do as it used jelly rolls so only 2 1/2 wide strips. After studying it a bit I decided that I could make it without a pattern and jotted down the idea for later use.

Yesterday with the wind gusts I didn't want to turn on the long arm so decided to get out my left over Christmas binding pieces, iron them back open and try to make this block. Her is a picture of one big block made up (18 inch square). Think I will make a few of these units from time to time and eventually put it all together, probably for Christmas next year.

Kathie

4 comments:

mlbenoit said...

This xmas block is awesome...Kind of like the block patterns we saw at MQX. I like it and think I will give it a try. I have been saving strips leftover from runners and such. This will work...and you can assemble them to lap size or whatever.
NICE WORK...

Lou

Moira said...

Great idea for using up leftover strips from other quilts.

Ruthie said...

Very nice! I actually did the very same thing this weekend at my retreat with leftover jelly roll strips. I used muslin for the middle blocks and I think I may add a border.

Mary Johnson said...

This will make a great Christmas quilt. I think we caught some of the same weather you did from Hanna - you're in MD right? We were in DC on Saturday and in MD on Sunday.