Sunday, September 28, 2008

Charity Quilting


In January I made a committment to myself that I wanted to quilt at least 12 charity quilts this year, an average of one per month. I quilted this chinese coins quilt last night that will be donated through my guild. This makes number 12 for the year, 10 quilts for the guild, 1 for project linus and a raffle quilt for the Save the Bay Foundation.

There is one blog I read fairly often that Mary J has been quilting 10 quilts for charity A MONTH for the past couple of months so 12 for the year is not a huge accomplishment but I feel great setting a goal for myself and actually hitting it.

I hope that I will get a couple more done this calendar year but if I get to busy with craft shows and customer quilts at least I know that I have made my goal.

Kathie

3 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

a quilt a month is a lot! I figure it takes me a minimum of 5-6 hours, if it's a fair sized quilt. Think of how much would get done in the world if EVERYONE would donate that much time to a charity. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings!

Mary Johnson said...

Oh Kathie, I don't work and making and donating these HeartStrings quilts is my *job* these days.

I think 12 quilts in a year is a huge contribution. This one looks great!

Ruthie said...

WOW, you've accomplished quite a bit this year. Is that a freehand design or a panto?