Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Accomplishments and Goals

Over my long weekend I quilted two quilts, one of them a baby quilt and the other a 70 x 70 lap quilt. Also got a couple more table runners quilted, borders put on a couple more and bindings hand stitched down while watching TV. I also cut some fabric into 10 1/2 squares that will end up being a backing for a charity quilt once I have time to piece it together

Last night after work I quilted a small Project Linus quilt that was all cute little green frogs. Would have worked on something else also but since it was my "monday" back to work I was beat and was glad to have accomplished as much as I did.

Mary J's blog that I read just about every day has a wednesday weigh in report as she is trying to lose weight. Since I started my own weight reduction campaign a couple of months ago thought I would also have a wednesday report this week. So far I have lost 15 1/2 pounds. I have a lot still to lose but I actually had to buy a pair of jeans this weekend that were a size smaller and boy was that a good feeling.

I am not on a specific diet, or even weight watchers this time (tho I have had a lot of success with them in the past). I am trying to not snack on anything but fruits and veggies (mostly successful) and the biggest thing is to try and get a handle on portion control.

I know if I was counting calories etc. I would probably be losing faster but then knowing me I would just gain it all back (been there done that many times). I am trying to set goals of 5 pounds at a time, or being able to fit into a blouse I have not worn in a year or things like that and not look at the big picture of how much I ultimately want to lose. I am really hoping that this new way of looking at it will help me not only continue to lose weight but to get into the HABIT of eating healthier.

I am not going to say that I am never going to have pizza or french fries again, it just needs to be the exception and not the "usual".

kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

Kathie, you're doing great! I'm afraid what my scale is going to say when I get back home. I'm doing lots of walking (hours and hours of walking!) but we're also eating out every meal.

Sounds like you got a lot done over the long weekend - I'm anxious to get back to work when I get home.