Monday, September 15, 2008

Empty Spools



You know how when you are doing a project it seems like you always run out of bobbin thread six inches from the end of what you are sewing!!! Well last night I was quilting these two table runners with gold So Fine thread and I kept watching the cone of thread as it gradually became less and less. It would not have been a problem if I had run out. Since I use the color so much I had another cone ready, it is just that I was hoping to get it done without stops and starts.

I don't know if this picture will show up or not but when I finished the second runnre I had about two feet of thread still on the cone. That is calling it close.

As for the tree runners. After getting the binding done hopefully later this week I intend on decorating them with crystals. I order them from Sue's Sparklers and they have a wonderful assortments of colors, types and styles. I ran into them at the Houston Quilt festival 4 or 5 years ago and have ordered from them ever since.

Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

These are very cute - love the swirls quilting too.