I have been getting ready to go to an all day sew in today. Will be a nice break in the normal routine. Lots of time to sew and talk and of course always lots of good food.
Over the weekend I cut out seven table runners to take with me to sew on. Nice to have everything, cut, organized and ready to go. I am also taking a couple of bindings with me that I can work on when I need to rest my back.
In the last couple of days I also finished the last stitches on the binding of this 9 patch Christmas quilt. Someone gave me yards of the poinsettia fabric a couple of years ago. I have used it for a couple of backings and now in this quilt, I think it is about gone.
I have an "interesting" customer quilt project right now. The quilt tops are long and skinny. There will be no batting used and the backing is a beach towel. Very different and the idea is cute, just don't know how they are going to turn out.
I loaded one on the frame last night and the towel was very stretchy and just couldn't get the top on to look straight. I also had no room on the sides to attach side clamps. Ended up taking the whole thing off the frame.
Tomorrow I will try again. This time the old fashioned way of pin basting the top to the back on the floor (if my knees permit). I will then baste it down on my regular sewing machine and then load the whole thing onto the frame as one piece. It should be interesting and if it turns out I will post a picture.
If anyone has any other suggestions I would be glad to hear them.
After an early morning "discussion" with my 15 year old I am off to get a latte that I need, chill out and then go to the sew in.