Friday, October 2, 2009

Charity Quilting


I just wanted to show some of the fabric that was in the hospice quilt that I quilted on wednesday. The lady that made this quilt said she bought the fairy fabric because it was cute and then didn't know what to do with it.

I know this time of year people are getting busy with their own projects, Christmas presents etc. I would like to challenge you though to go through your stash and find a fabric like this one. Something you purchased and then didn't know what to do with and use it for a charity quilt.

then...............

1. go ahead and make up the quilt, or

2. pull "go with" fabrics to go with it, pick a pattern and then set aside to do by the end of the year, or

3. Make up a kit with the main fabrics and some fabrics that go with it and take it to your guild, or sewing bee, or on-line charity group and see if someone else has time to make it up. Sometimes some of the older members of groups have hand or back problems that make it hard for them to do a lot of cutting and would enjoy putting together a quilt from a kit for charity.

I coordinate our guild's efforts to make quilts for hospice. This challenge is also a challenge to myself, I would like to try and make up at least one kit by our next meeting and see if I have any takers.

kathie

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

Warm Wishes is a perfect pattern to use for those cute little fairies! ;) Love the bright colors.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie