Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BOM Quilt


I finished the binding on the lap quilt made out of the JoAnn's Block of the Month blocks a few nights ago. I practiced SID quilting between the blocks which took me FOREVER to do. Then I used Pam Clarke's method of just marking just some registration marks and then quilting large freehand design in each block. Not as smooth as I would have liked but by the 3rd or 4th block they were looking better.

After finishing this quilt I ended up sick and my cat, my pillow and myself have pretty much spent the last three days together on the sofa. I am not used to doing nothing but had no choice other than to just rest.

Feeling a little bit better today so made a couple of minor goals for myself. To get one load of laundry done and to quilt the two table runners that on the frame. The backing fabric has been on there since friday but I have not felt like even going in the sewing room.

If I can get these done then I start loading the next customer quilt on the frame and hopefully by tomorrow will feel like quilting it.

Kathie

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Looks great. We only get better by being brave enough to try different things.

Mary Johnson said...

I like Pam Clarke's method too but haven't done any block designs in a while. I did some stitch in the ditch this past week too and it's definitely NOT my favorite thing to do!