Friday, May 15, 2009

Block of the Month


Have you every bought block of the month kits? If so did you EVER finish them.

A few years ago I thought the BOM kits at JoAnns were a great idea. Everything was cut out for you, color coordinated and easy directions to follow. I bought the blue and yellow ones as at the time I had blue and yellow in the living room.

I made a few blocks and there it sat for several years. About a year and a half or so ago I finally got them out and finished up all the blocks. I then decided that I didn't want a full sized blue and yellow quilt so using the setting kit I made the blocks into two lap sized quilts.

I quilted and bound one of the lap quilts about a year ago but the other one has been sitting on my UFO shelf ever since. I even had a piece backing made for it but never had the interest in finishing it.

This past weekend I decided to get it quilt, bound and out of the way. I got it quilted over the weekend and now handstitching down the binding in the evenings. It will be nice to have this one DONE.

Sad thing is that I purchased two other years worth of BOM and they ended up undone also. One set I ended up selling on ebay last year and the other set still sits here waiting for me to start on.

Kathie

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I just love blue and yellow quilts. It is lovely.

Betty said...

Kathie, I like the blue and yellow very much. It sounds great to just buy a package and have it ready to go. One doesn't have to pick out colors, cut, etc. You do great work. Betty

Lori in South Dakota said...

If you want to get rid of your BOM, I would take them, finish them, and donate them to Heartstrings or some other charity. I donate a lot of quilts to Alycia's QOV, the Veteran's nursing home in Sioux Falls, and Project Linus.