Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mid Week Update

Mid week update, a little bit late.

I quilted this tumbler quilt of mine on tuesday using the Pajama Quilter all over pattern called Fern ziggle. It gives nice all over texture.


I need to start working on the April UFO. I did pull it out.........

I found some 2 1/2 strips of the black so that will be the next border. I went to JoAnns today and found the exact same red though it has been about a year and a half since I made the quilt (this quilt is the left overs) so happy about that. the red will become the outer border and binding so once the fabric is washed and I get a customer quilt quilted I will start on that.

Yesterday was my day time guild and we had a trunk show from a lady that lives in this area. Wonderful quilts, pieced, applique, paper piecing etc. I don't think there is a method that she has not tried or not mastered. Inspired me to try paper piecing again one of these days (maybe).

Kathie

2 comments:

debbie m said...

The trunk show was awesome wasn't it? I think we need to have her teach a workshop on paper piecing. I heard lots of chatter about that.

You are doing a great job of keeping up with your UFO challenge.

Betty said...

Good Meeting, Your tumbler quilt really looks great. I know that you will have your UFO finished on time. That is one of your favorite patterns.