Wednesday, January 19, 2011

UFO #6 Done!!!

Number 6 was pulled this month in the UFO challenge I am participating in over at Judy L's blog.



On January 1st when the number was pulled this was the state of this UFO. These were part of a row robin I participated in probably about 8 years ago.

As the month progressed I added strips between the rows and borders and finally got it quilted and bound. It is such a good feeling to get something totally done that has been sitting for so many years.



I also wanted to show this picture. My husband grabbed one of my orphan blocks from some long ago project and made a case for my kindle, isn't this cute? What do you do with your orphan blocks?


kathie

7 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

Congratulations on getting your #6 done. I'm behind on getting started more than I'd like to be. What plans do you have for your row quilt? I'm sure a Show and Tell is in order at the next guild meeting. What a nice DH! My orphan blocks become Project Linus infant quilts usually.

Helen in the UK said...

HUGE congrats on getting that UFO finished!! Do you wonder why it sat as a UFO for so long now? Great job :)

Jo said...

Congrats on finishing your project. I got my quilt top finished which was my goal. I need to quilt it now...

JudyCinNC said...

Beautiful row quilt and I love your Kindle cover. Judy C

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! I think your project is one of the oldest UFO's I've seen on the list of finished projects...way to go! Great idea to turn a lonely block into something so useful!

Heather said...

How fun to see a project come to life after so many years! It turned out just beautiful, too. Congrats!

And what a lovely thing for your dh to do for you! My orphan blocks usually end up as sampler quilts. In fact one of my UFOs for the challenge is to quilt one I put together this year. :o)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! LOVE those birds!