Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday

Well I ran my first guild meeting wednesday as President and I think it went ok. I didn't stumble over my words to often and with notes in front of me I didn't forget anything I wanted to say.

I planned on sewing that night but instead spent the evening in the express care clinic getting my daughters knee x-rayed after an after school injury. Just a sprain but needless to say she is not performing with the dance team at tonights basketball game. I was sorry to see her disappointed as she had a mini solo but things happen! Hopefully she will be able to dance again next week.

I quilt my winter roses quilt yesterday and put the binding on it this morning.


Mary from the Heartstrings yahoo group I belong to is trying to get one quilt a day quilted for the rest of the month. I am using her as inspiration and trying to get one quilt a week or more quilted till the end of the month. Some of these are tops I have already made for next falls craft show, some are charity quilts and also in there will be my UFO #6 from Judy L's challenge over at Patchworktimes.

In addition to putting the binding on the quilt this morning I am spending the afternoon trying to get a backing pieced for the UFO quilt. That is always my downfall. I get tops pieced quickly but then I get lazy about getting the backings done as I want to use what I have and not buy yardage unless I have to.

Kathie

1 comment:

Betty said...

You did great at your first meeting, Everything went so well.

Hope Manddy is feeling better, we never know what comes next.