Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - October 10, 2010

Wow today is 10/10/10, now doesn’t that sound weird? Anyway first with my weekly stats. I did so well using up stash this week. I made a backing for a quilt (yet to be quilted), a backing for a bunch of table runners (currently on the frame) and misc. borders and other things. The only purchase I made was two yards of a pretty Christmas green that I had run out of.

Fabric used this week: 13.25 yards
Fabric used YTD: 213.75
Fabric purchased this week: 2 yards
Fabric purchased YTD: 133.75
Net used in 2010: 80 yards

My goal of using a net of 100 yards this year just might be attainable.

DAY 2

Yesterday was Day 2 of my self declared 4 day weekend. I tended to flit from one project to the next but I did get a lot done.

First I put the binding on this table runner made out of left over binding pieces.




Then I put the borders on these three runners and fused the poinsettias in place. Next step will be stitching around them.


I also cut about half of my batik fat quarters into 2 ½ strips and cut one strip of each color into 2 ½ squares.



I also pieced a backing fabric to quilt about five runners on and got this first runner quilted. I have the next runner pinned in place and will tackle that next time I am in the quilt room.



Now can I have good numbers this next week also since I still have Sunday and Monday of my long weekend?

Kathie

7 comments:

Jo said...

I declared it a three day weekend for myself. Only sad part is that Friday was the first day of it so tomorrow I am back to work.

Kate said...

Wow, you've been very busy. Love all your projects.

Tamera said...

Congrats on being able to work all weekend! You go girl!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

good work on all the Christmas themed projects! when it's 80 here in Wisconsin~Christmas is very far from my mind! Congrats on your stash numbers :)

Katie Z. said...

You're so productive! Great going!

Lori said...

Oh, all those projects that take time--but it's good to get finished.

kwiltnkats said...

It's a sewing marathon going on in your home! Wow you sure are getting a lot done. Got someone to help with your binding? Great progress Kathie.