Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt Storage

Since I have a cat that loves to spend time in my quilting room, as soon as I get a customer quilt done and off the frame I put it in a large zip lock bag so my cat doesn't decide to love all over it.

I had been getting the bags at Target which was the only place in our area that seemed to have them.

A friend of mine told me that she had found XXL bags at Dollar Tree right about the same time that Bonnie Hunter posted on her blog www.quiltville.com about getting some there. Well I don't know if it was just timing or if so many quilters read her blog or what but I have not been able to find any in stock there for the last couple of months.

My hubby finally thought to check Dollar Tree on line and found that I could order them through the website (had to order a case) for pick up at the store with no shipping costs. I did that a few days ago and picked up the box this morning of 36 of the bags.



They are the perfect size to return customers their quilts and also to take entire projects in to sew ins or retreats.


Thought I would share where I got these in case any of you were looking for quick and easy storage of your projects.



Kathie

2 comments:

debbie m said...

What a great sugestion. I usually ship in "space Bag" type bags, which I usually find at Big Lots or other discount stores. This is a much less expensive option that I really like. In the regular stores these bags can cost as much as space bags. good to know $store has them.

Lori said...

thanks for the tip on the bags. can always use these type of bags!