Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winter Inspiration

You know that array of blue/teal and purple fabrics I showed in my last posting?  Well after spending two days stuck in the house during snow and ice this is what I ended up with.  


Since I made it during winter weather and it was inspired by a quilt I saw at the Hampton Quilt Show last week I titled it Winter Inspiration.  I rarely name my quilts but this one seemed to fit.  

The floral fabric I nabbed from my quilt shop before we shut the doors and it has just been waiting for a good project.  I pulled fabrics from my stash, most of the batiks, that would go with the floral and had fun making this quick and easy quilt.   I can picture this being done with poinsettia fabric and red and green strips, or maybe a kids print with bright colors.  I definitely see another quilt like this in my future.  


No comments: