Monday, October 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Halloween

Happy Halloween, are you ready for all the little gremlins to come tonight!!

A couple of works in progress on my design wall. The first is another runner I am making from the hidden spools blocks blocks from the Bonnie Hunter workshop


These are fun blocks to make and I intend on making a quilt using this technique in the future, I will just use a litter wider strips to make it.

For the last three April's our local area has had a Fiber Arts Retreat. The last two years I have given a presentation on tips to prepare your quilt to go to a longarm quilter. I didn't want to do that for a 3rd time so am thinking about doing a workshop making fused wreaths using small pieces of fabric and fussy cut motifs. This is a fall example I have been working on.


Hope to get borders on it and quilted in the next few weeks and then start on another example, either a Christmas or spring wreath.

Kathie

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

nifty wreath... I'm keeping my eye on that to see how you finish it off.

Mary said...

At first glance the Spools just look like you average string blocks. The spools are really there if you look at them for a minute. Have fun with them and your wreath.

Betty said...

I like your wreath, should be a interesting class.

Kate said...

I like the wreath too. Looks like that would be a fun project to make.

Eileen said...

Love that wreath

kwiltnkats said...

Your wreath looks neat. Interested to see how you finish it. First thing that popped into my head was a scalloped edge in one of the wreath's colors. Sandi