Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I've Been Up to

Well I am starting on a new venture. In our town we have a small historic mill that has been leased and turned into a venue for local crafters. I decided to give it a try and my work has been approved to be for sale in the shop.

My husband made me a quilt ladder and came up with a couple of other display ideas. Friday I will concentrate on pulling quilts and runners I want to have in the shop and getting them tagged etc. and we hope to set up the space this weekend.

Several years ago I tried this idea in a different shop and never had enough sales to make it worth while but thought a different shop, in a different location might be worth a try.

Yesterday after finishing on a customer quilt I worked on these two halloween runners. Hope to get them quilted, bound and ready for the shop soon. I ordered this cone of orange thread a few months ago just because it was pretty and have not used it yet. I knew I must have ordered it for SOME reason.




kathie

1 comment:

Hua said...

Your craft is exceptional... I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,600 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua