Monday, September 28, 2009

Left Overs

What do you do when you have tons of left over binding strips from Christmas projects? My bin was overflowing so decided it was time to do something with all of them. I chose to make 9 patch blocks which I will then alternate with cream squares to make a nice scrappy Christmas lap quilt.


I worked on this a little bit over the weekend.

I was also trying to come up with an idea for making some ornaments for the hospice Christmas tree that our guild will be decorating. Finally made a bell ornament that I was satisfied. I will try and get a few of them made over the next few weeks.

I made some crazy quilt pieced fabric (also out of some of the left over binding strips) that will be enough to make 3 of the bells.

Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I'm getting ready to make a nine patch quilt too. I love them and it's been at least a couple years since I've done one.