Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This is a purse???

At a quilt guild meeting last week I saw some really cool purses and the guild is going to have a workshop on making them next month. I am usually not into making purses or tote bags but this one intrigued me as it is just made from a square of quilted fabric.

I decided I couldn't wait till next month so am going to try and make one. The examples were made with the double sided pre-quilted fabric but decided to use fabric from my stash.

I pulled out this blue and yellow floral. Its funny how some fabric you remember exactly where you bought it. This fabric I purchased while on a bus trip to the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show many years ago (my guess 6 or 7 years ago) because I HAD TO HAVE it. Of course I didn't have to have it because all these years later I still have not used it. Anyway I thought I might as well use it for the bag and pulled some yellow for the lining and got this piece quilted this morning.




Now to cut a square out of it, bind it and see if I can figure out the next step.

I finished quilting my broken bricks quilt yesterday and got the binding made and on the quilt. I will post a picture of the finished quilt in a few days when I get the binding all hand stitched down.

Kathie

No comments: