Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas Candy


I finished the Christmas quilt top yesterday. I found this pattern in a 2002 magazine and it was called Christmas Candy and cut the article out to make some day. I resized the blocks to be able to use up the 2 ½ strips I already had cut and a couple of other changes as I rarely make a pattern exactly as written. The 2 1/2 strips were left over from a Bonnie Hunter class on Star Struck, and binding pieces from Christmas runners and quilts. I do like the way it turned out. I will put fold it and put it away until I make a backing for it.

I did pretty good on my goals for the week.

1. I completed the Happy Quilting binding
2. Pieced a backing and made the binding for Happy Quilt #2
3. Quilted two customer baby quilts
4. but…………..I did not transfer my January books to my spreadsheet. I am not the greatest as keeping up on that.
My goals for this next week are to:

1. Quilt two tops (one a charity top)
2. Start on a quilt for ME
3. Make a backing for one of my unquilted tops
4. And yes to finally get those January items on my spreadsheet.


Kathie

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I love your quilt!!!!! What a wonderful and simple design, yet so pretty.