Thursday, December 15, 2011

Number 19

I have really been enjoying having some free time this week. Finished wrapping packages, ran a few errands and had lunch with a couple of friends. Nice change in routine.

I have also had time to finally do some charity quilting. This is the second hospice quilt I have quilted this week. This quilt I actually made myself a few months ago out of a bunch of State Flowers fabric that had been donated. Nice to quilt one of my own up as I usually don't get many charity quilts pieced as my time is spent quilting them.
This was a pretty boring quilt when I first go the top pieced so cut out the flowers with my accuquilt GO and added them randomly and I think it added a lot to the quilt.

This is the 19th charity quilt I have quilted this year. Not as good as last years total but hopefully I will get a couple more done by the end of the month.

Kathie

3 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

What a pretty quilt, loving the florals. The recipient will be lucky to get that one. :)
I hope to learn my HandiQuilter soon and be good enough at quilting that I can quilt charity quilts for others.

Mary Johnson said...

The flowers do add a lovely bit of interest!

Eileen said...

The flowers are a wonderful addition.