Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tessellations

I was on a roll yesterday quilting. I finished up quilting my challenge quilt for our May guild meeting.

We picked a crayon several months ago (I received a Plum crayon) and you could only add one color to it. I added a bright raspberry pink and my friend nicknamed the quilt "Wild Berries". I made the binding this morning and hope to get that put on later today. I am not going to post a picture of it until it is completed and our challenge it over.

In addition I quilted this quilt for Betty yesterday. This pattern is called Anything Goes Star Tessellations from a class that many members of our guild took last month. I love her pink version and had fun quilting it with a bright pink variegated thread. The quilt I am making using this pattern is all out of Christmas fabrics but I have only finished a block or two since the end of the class. I really need to move that one up on my "to do" list.

Kathie

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

Just love Betty's quilt. Fabric choices are a surprise, but they work terrific. Word has it that Betty was even surprised how all her scrap hot pinks came together--with a few purple zingers! Of course I'm somewhat biased.
Daughter
San Diego, CA