Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Ups and Downs

The weekend was HOT for April in Maryland. I don't think I am ready for summer weather yet.

Saturday was the second anniversay of my Mother's passing so I tried to keep myself busy all day to keep my mind off of it. I went to our local quilt show, ran errands and worked on my daughter's quilt. I don't know why we can't use those anniversaries to think of all the fond memories, but I couldn't help spending the day thinking of how much I still miss her.

My weekend did end on a good note. When I went to pick up my quilts from our local quilt show last night I had a wonderful surprise. No I didn't win any ribbons, but better than that I won the raffle quilt.

Funny thing is that I quilted the raffle quilt for them back in December so nice to get it back and it is all mine!!! Well the cat is already laying on it so I guess he thinks it is his.

Here is a picture of the quilt.


Kathie

No comments: