Monday, June 2, 2014

Design Wall Monday - June 2, 2014

Well I actually have nothing on my design wall and the design wall is even put away so that the wall it usually rests on can be painted.  Of course the painting was suppose to have been done a week ago but life happens.

I did work on getting borders on this cute kids panel last week and now have it ready to be quilted.   I believe this panel is called Jungle Bunch and it is by Timeless Treasures.


I also quilted several small customer items and worked for a few hours on the horse Warm Wishes lap quilt.

My DD was home from college for a few days before going back to start a summer internship so I tried to limit my sewing time to times she was out with friends and spend as much time with her as possible.

This will be the first summer she won't be home for the whole summer and old mom is having a little bit of a hard time dealing with that.  I know she would be bored crazy if she was here.  Her summer internship will also give her some spending money and some job experience in her field (Environmental Science) so she will be where she needs to be and hopefully enjoy it and learn a lot but change is hard.  At least she will be home for a few weeks the end of summer before starting back to school.

This week I hope to:
1.  Quilt two craft show table runners
2.  Quilt customer planet quilt
3.  Cut out more table runners for retreat later in the month
4.  Work on horse quilt



3 comments:

Ramona said...

Your panel is adorable! I bought a couple of panels a while ago to practice machine quilting. So far they sit in my pile of "things to do." One day....

Podunk Pretties said...

Cute panel project. Enjoying your DD is much more important than quilting or painting. I personally will put anything before painting!

Bonnie said...

Definitely a very cute panel. It's great your DD has an internship plus a paying one is amazing. They can be so helpful when she wants to get a job! It's tough when the kids grow up and out of the house. But on the other hand hubby and I both are thrilled that both of our kids are self sufficient and don't come home for money or rooms or .... We're very proud of both kids and their families.... off soap box now!