Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

A friend of mine Shelly, that passed way to young, always used to tell us to do on New Years Day what you hoped to be doing the entire year.  Ever since she said that on New Years I put something in the crock pot for dinner and spend a lot of the day sewing, quilting and also spending time with my family.  All things I want to do plenty of this year.  

So this New Years Day I quilted a Northcott Micado panel for one of my husband's co-workers.  Just need to make up binding and get that and a hanging sleeve on for her...


Then I made up the first few blocks for a Patriotic baby quilt.  I love the way it looks woven where all the sashing pieces intersect.  


What did you do with your New Years?

Kathie

1 comment:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I believe the same thing about New Years, so I slept a little later, quilted, organized business papers, designed and built new birdhouses for the business (7), and enjoyed the day with my best friend/husband. Now lets see if I can continue this way!