Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Stash Report - January 1, 2012

First off Happy New Years. I hope that 2012 will be a happy and healthy year for you. I can't believe 2012 is actually here! This is going to be a huge year for my family, my daughter will turn 18 in May, graduate high school in June and go off to college in late August!! Talk about a lot of changes that I don't feel quite ready for.

I fell off of reporting on the stash report the end of 2011 as I was snowed under with customer quilts and just had no time. Because of that I was sewing little and buying lots of Christmas fabric as it went on sale. I didn't keep track but know I ended up 2011 still in the black on using more fabric than purchasing and that was my goal.

My stash of regular fabrics feels a little "fresher" with some of the real old fabrics having been used up in backings and some of the newer colors and those wonderful batiks finding their way to my stash.

So again this year I think my goal will be to use more than I purchase, keep up on my reporting which helps keep the purchases under control and continue to use up some of the old stuff. Still have MANY panels that I had wanted to try and use up last year and never got to. Guess that will be back on my mental to do list for this year.

Fabric used this week: 3.5 yards (kitty quilt)
Fabric used YTD: 3.5 yards
Fabric purchased this week: 0 yards
Fabric purchased YTD: 0 yards
Net total used in 2012: 3.5 yards

A friend of mine that passed a few years ago always said to be sure and do something fun on New Years day, start the year with something that you want to be doing all year. So as always I will be sure and do a little sewing today, even if it is just a couple of seams.

Kathie

5 comments:

Judy D in AZ said...

Kathie, thanks for sharing your friend's philosophy on New Year's Day. I will try that-especially the sewing a few seams part. Happy 2012

SpinningStar said...

I've heard that NY saying before so I always try to do fun things on the first day of the year!

Good luck in the new year in meeting your goals.

liz

krisgray said...

I will have to try to sew some quilty seams today - after I do some dreaded mending. I, too, have several panels sitting around that I hoped to get to in 2011. Maybe this year....

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing 2011 in the black.

Sounds like 2012 will be full of adventures for your family. Have a wonderful 2012.

Melanie said...

Happy New Year! I, too, will try to sew a little today to get the year off on the right foot. Can't wait to see what you accomplish this year!