Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On the Frame

Since I am so busy with customer quilts right now I figured I would have to show some of them to have anything to blog about.

This quilt was on the frame yesterday, it was made by a 13 year old girl for her little brothers bed. She did a wonderful job, it is nice and flat and square, a pleasure to quilt.


My friend Jane is teaching her to quilt and has done a great job in stressing the importance of the 1/4 inch seam and pressing correctly.

In addition to this almost twin size quilt I quilted a wall hanging yesterday afternoon and another this morning.

I did take a few minutes for my own project last night and got the stitching done around the motifs on the santa's sleigh runner. After the next customer quilt is done I will toss a couple of my runners on the frame.

Kathie

2 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

The 13 year old quilter is doing a fabulous job. The color selection is wonderful. A+ remarks from a long arm quilter on the quilt's construction! Way to go! How many more items are you planning to finish before the next craft show? Sandi

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! And she chose such great fabrics! What a nice gift.