Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mixed Emotions

I always have mixed emotions at Thanksgiving. I am thankful for a great husband and wonderful daughter and love them with all my heart. It is also a sad time of year as my father passed away Thanksgiving morning 16 years ago. All these years later I still miss him and my mom so much.

Last night we got a great piece of mail. My daughter got a college acceptance letter from Towson University!!! Not her first choice school and she will have to wait till January to see if she gets other acceptances but so great to get this one.

I am excited for her as she has worked long and hard for this but also kind of sad as I am sure all parents are when this happens because them leaving for college suddenly gets very real.

First thing I wished is that I could call my parents to tell them as they would be so proud of the first in our family to go to University.

So again a time of joy, sadness and mixed emotions.

Kathie

1 comment:

Betty said...

Yes, with the loss of one's family member, sure hurts when a holiday comes around. GOOD LUCK to Mandy...