Monday, September 1, 2014

Design Wall Monday - September 1, 2014 (and stash report)

Can you believe that it is September already?  I sure don't know where August went.  This is the first summer at college where my daughter only spent part of the summer at home due to a summer internship and I think that is why I feel like summer shouldn't be over already.

I have been trying to concentrate on getting a few things at least to the finished top stage the last week so I don't have so many pieces and parts floating around the sewing room.  I did manage to get a few runner tops finished and the middle of a Christmas quilt all pieced and ready for borders.

Here are some of the runners I worked on and finished up the tops this week, posting those pictures as there currently is nothing on my design wall.


These fall runners were made from fall charm packs with a 1 inch strip added down the middle.


The Christmas runner on the left if finished (top) and the other still in process.  These blocks were made out of left over binding strips and then the black and gold pin dot fabric was added for the snowball corners and narrow sashing.   These were based off of a Missouri Star pattern where she made striped beach balls and thought they would also make great ornaments.

My current stats are:

Fabric used this week:  7 yards (runners and backings)
Fabric purchased this week:  2 more yards of the black and gold pin dot

Fabric used YTD:  225.75
Fabric purchased YTD:  133.75

Net fabric used in 2014:  92 yards


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on great fabric usage statistics this month/year. Apparently I'm adding this year rather than reducing the stash.