Monday, May 26, 2014

Design Wall Monday - Memorial Day 2014

A great Memorial Day to wall who served or are currently serving.  Since I live in a military town just about everyone has some connection to the military.  

My design wall actually has something on it.  I went to an all day sew in and did major sewing and saved the cutting and ironing till I got home as the cutting/ironing table was really short and crowded and my back just couldn't handle it.  

I cut the strip sets into blocks yesterday for a Warm Wishes quilt using horse fabric.  Glad I have the barbed wire fabric, I think it added a lot to this.  

Last night I cut out the remainder of the blocks so think I will now neatly stack them up and save sewing them for my next sewing group.  

I have a 3 1/2 day retreat coming up in June so I need to start cutting out projects for that.  I have one quilt cut and ready to go but I don't know about you but when I go to a retreat I need 3 or 4 things to work on so I can rotate if I get tired of sewing on one project.


3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

This is such a fun design and you can compliment any favourite fabric in the centers.

Kate said...

Love the fabrics in this project, it's a fun quilt.

A retreat would be fun, but I don't know that I could do all my cutting before I left. The fabric cutting is my least favorite part of any project.

Betty said...

I like the warm wishes pattern. The horse fabric looks great. Good colors. Where are you going for your retreat?