This turned into the week of table runners. I cut out a couple of new ones, sewed up some that I have had in process and started another one out of the left over black and white fabrics from the quilts I made. Now I just need to get the ambition to get some of them quilted. Some weeks I feeling like quilting and others don't want to stand at the machine and would rather be piecing something new.
I saw the focus fabric for this first runner at a quilt shop a couple of weeks ago and loved the kind of modern look to it. Luckily I had fabric in my stash that was a perfect go with.
This second runner was also made out of a new focus fabric combined with fabrics I already had. This has a softer spring look to it. This one was actually made after cutting the focus fabric wrong. Since I had only bought 1/2 yard of it and wanted to salvage the fabric it became this little 4 patch and squares runner.
My stats for the week are pretty good. I did buy an orange fabric (didn't have anything close to matching) and the backing for a couple of runners but also used up a fair amount.
Fabric purchased this week: 3 yards (orange and backing)
Fabric purchased YTD: 36.95 (not bad!)
Fabric used this week: 7.25 yards (various runners and runner backings)
Fabric used YTD: 109.50 (good but need to step it up to reach personal goal of 100 yards per quarter)