Monday, April 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday - April 21, 2014

Recently I made a black and white with touches of red quilt and ended up making to many blocks.  So....... I made a second smaller quilt to use up the blocks.  When I put together the originally quilt decided it needed a piano key border so cut more strips (way to many) for that.   So whatever I did I ended up with to many strips or blocks lol.  Guess I am not much of a planner.

So to use up most of the rest of the strips I have been working on making a black/white and red table runner which is shown about 3/4 of the way done here.


When I get done with this any remaining strips will be put away, given away or something.  I am officially tired of working with black and white!!

I have very little scheduled for this week so have some goals I would like to reach.

1.  Quilt at least 2 more table runners
2.  Make a backing for one of the black and white quilts
3.  Quilt customer quilt
4.  Cut out a project (I always like to make up a couple of kits ahead of sewing projects to take to sewing group etc.)

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I love having projects cut out and ready to sew. Your black and white quilt is going to be lovely. Can't beat your design for quick and easy.

Rhonda R said...

Your rail fence projects are a great use for black and white fabrics. The table runner looks nice. I too like to have some projects cut out and ready to piece so I can make good use of even a few minutes of sewing time.

Nann said...

Officially tired of black and white? I understand -- until someone posts a photo of something terrific and you go back to the bin of black & white! I can imagine those rail fence blocks framed with lime green or hot pink or bright blue....to pop 'em.

Melinda said...

I am never tired of black and white. My design wall today has two different quilts using black and white as background.

Gari in AL said...

Your table runner gives me an idea for an appliqued table runner I was just thinking of making. Now I am excited!