Monday, April 28, 2014

Design Wall Monday - April 28, 2014

I met or exceeded all my sewing goals last week.  I quilted and got binding on 4 table runners, quilted a customer quilt and cut out two new projects to take to a sew in on Saturday.  Definitely on a roll last week.  Seems some weeks I get tons of stuff done and other not much.  I know sometimes it depends on how many appointments I have but don't you get more in a sewing mood some weeks than others?

I had a great time at my sew in on Saturday and ended up getting all these blocks made and they are now being rearranged several times on my design wall.  This little kids quilt is out of a Moda Celebration Junior Jelly Roll.


I hope to get these sewn together and borders on later this week at another upcoming sewing group.  Belonging to 4 sewing groups means there is always a sew in coming up, not that I go to all of them but sure nice to have so many opportunities to visit and sew with friends.

Weekly goals:

1.  Quilt customer runners currently partially loaded on the frame
2.  Get Celebration blocks sewn together and hopefully borders also
3.  Load black and white quilt on the frame

I am keeping the goals simple and few this week.  Between a couple of appointments and going to see the kid at college later this week I will be getting less done.


3 comments:

Mary said...

Some weeks are better than others. Cute little quilt for a child. It's good to have lots of fun quilter's to go and sew with. I just belong to one guild that does sew-ins. My Online Guild does retreats and I enjoy and look forward to the one coming in July!

Betty said...

I like your charity quilt, really cute. Yes, you are really busy, you were sure tied down with the store, now you are free to do so much more. See you soon.

carol fun said...

Great looking quilt -- I love the striped fabrics - very eye catching!