Friday, November 14, 2008

Quilting Week


I can't believe I have not posted all week but it has been a busy quilting week. I am trying to get customer quilts done as quickly as possible this time of year because I know most of them are for Christmas presents.

This is a picture of the most recent quilt I finished. I love log cabin quilts and Carol made great use of dusty blue fabrics. I wanted a thread that would show up on both the cream and the colored fabrics but not pop to much so selected a soft pastel variegated thread and I like the way it turned out.

I currently have a large quilt on the frame that I have been working on the last day and a half. I would have had it done by now but was feeling a little under the weather on wednesday so got a slow start. My goal is to complete it today and quilt a table runner for another customer. Then I am taking the weekend off.

Tomorrow our guild is having a sew in at our local library. I have been cutting sashing strips to take with me to sash blocks for a linus quilt and if time permits also sash other blocks that will end up being a hospice quilt.

Sunday I will be working on craft show items, seeing if I can get the rest of the runners I have prepared quilted.

Kathie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

looks like a good thread choice - I always use a tan colored thread on these - it doesn't seem too dark or too light.