Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I always have a hard time at Thanksgiving. In 1995 my father passed away after a long bout of cancer on Thanksgiving morning. It has been many years but my thoughts always go to him today. Last year my mother also passed away and on holidays I miss them so much.

Even through the sadness there is still joy and thanksfulness. I am thankful for many things including:

1. A husband that is supportive of my quilting, my choices and is my best friend
2. A daughter that of course as a teenager drives me nuts at times but is basically a great kid, talented and a good student
3. Being able to quit my office job and start my own business
4. Good health for all of us (minus all those general aches and pains of getting older)
5. My in person and on line quilting groups
6. My home, it is not new or big or fancy but it is warm and comfortable and ours
7. Not struggling financially in these difficult times

Hope you have as many things to be thanksful for.

kathie

No comments: