Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Holiday Rush


I am in the midst of a holiday rush so have not been keeping up my blog like I should.

I had my second craft show of the year this past sunday and now preparing for my 3rd show on saturday. This past show I was very happy with, it wasn't quite as good as last year but was close and with the way people are slowing down on their spending I am very happy with the result.

Also my quilting customers are busy getting all their Christmas present to me to be quilted so I have been busy five days a week on that.

I would have not been able to handle half of these quilts if I had still been working in an office five days a week. I am really enjoying my "career change". I still get going in the morning, check my email and then start to work but it is so nice to be able to take a break and toss a load of clothes in the washer or other things so all the chores don't have to wait till the weekend.

The other part of my life that has kept me totally busy lately is my daughters dance. They are in the last stages of rehearsals for their nutcracker performance in a week and a half. Her dance studio performs the children/teenager parts while the adult parts are danced by the National Ballet of the Ukraine. So mom and dad's taxi service has had a lot of business. Then on top of that she auditioned and made the high school dance team so that involves practice every night. Sure keeps us busy and on the road but she is loving it and talk about a great way to stay in shape.

Since most blogs are only interesting if they have lots of pictures I am including one of a recent customer quilt. This quilt is made of nothing but scrap squares of every fabric you can think of, what a great stash buster.

Kathie

No comments: