Monday, April 7, 2008

U-Turns

I feel like I accomplished a lot over the weekend but not exactly what I started out to work on, it is amazing how we get sidetracked at times. My plans were to put the border on a Christmas UFO quilt that I had been working on, to get binding sewn on two table runners and start quilting a customer scrap quilt.

When I finally picked out fabric for a border I realized that it needed to be pre-washed so working on the border was out at least for awhile. I didn’t feel like quilting on the frame so I decided to start on a new project. I had purchased some colorful butterfly fabric 2 or 3 years ago and a couple coordinating fabrics. I went through my patterns and found one I had printed from quilter’s cache called Squares in a Square 2 that highlights a large piece of focus fabric that I thought would be perfect for the butterflies. They go together fast so ended up making 12 blocks on Saturday.

Yesterday I spent several hours quilting a customer’s scrap quilt with gold swirls and had it finished by evening. Once I get it off the frame and trimmed up it will be ready to mail back to Montana.

So my weekend took a couple of U-turns on my projects but ended up getting a lot done, even if it wasn’t exactly what I had planned.

No comments: